Our pick for Warrnambool’s Top 5 Local Attractions
When thinking of Warrnambool what comes to mind? Whale? Prestine Coastlines? Delicious seafood? Well the truth is Warrnambool has all of that and much more. Below are 5 of our favourite Local Attractions that we believe are a must visit during your stay in Warrnambool.
1. Lake Pertobe is a large adventure playground area that includes a wide range of playground equipment. These include nature walks, paid attractions such as mini golf and seasonally paddleboats and powerboat hire. A great place to explore with the children, play a game of cricket or footy on the large grassed areas. Truly a great adventure playground area for all the family.
2. At Flagstaff Hill you don’t just learn about history – you experience it in Flagstaff Hill’s Living Museum and Spectacular Sound and Light Show Flagstaff Hill celebrates the Shipwreck Coast’s maritime history. Only 3 minutes from BIG4 Warrnambool Figtree Holiday Park.
3. Fletcher Jones Market open every day of the year at 9am, except Christmas day – Antique, Retro, Modern and Hand-made Furniture, Collectables, Gifts, Home-wares, Women’s, Men’s, Children’s and Babies Clothing & Accessories, Jewellery, Books, Records, Toys & Games, Bric-a-brac, Old farm and garage tools, plus so much more! EFTPOS and customer toilet facilities available.
4. Lady Bay Beach Warrnambool’s picturesque Lady Bay offers protected swimming along with surfing, yachting and windsurfing. There are over 29 shipwrecks in Lady Bay with interpretative signage highlighting some of the tragedies. The Warrnambool Surf Lifesaving Club Patrols Lady Bay during the summer months and popular weekends.
Just a hop skip and a jump outside of Warrnambool
5. Tower Hill Just ten minutes from the coastal tourism hub of Warrnambool, you will discover the exquisite Tower Hill Wildlife Reserve. Declared Victoria’s first National Park in 1892, Tower Hill is the ideal place for visitors to experience the Australian bush, enjoy magnificent scenery and landscapes while getting up close & personal with some of Australia’s most iconic native birds and animals including emus, koalas and kangaroos.
The attractions above will definately get you started however we can’t help but mention a few extra sites in and around Warrnambool that are a must see if you get the chance. These inlcude: